Grab the best information about travel insurance if you have kidney stones is essential when you travel and need medical treatment.
Disease & conditions (cancer, kidney disease, orthopedics) and medical travel is most associated with each others. So people who are the patients of such type of disease like kidney stones the need to get best insurance policy and best travel guide.If you have kidney stones, or have experienced kidney stones previously, make sure your travel insurance policy gives you the cover you need for the kidney stones before you decide to step out the door! If you’ve been exploring for a travel insurance plan that covers kidney stones, then you’ve likely found that many travel insurance policies is not going to cover you for pre existing health conditions such as kidney stones. If you’re planning for a nice trip away somewhere, even if it’s just for a long weekend, it makes sense to get a great value travel insurance plan with cover for kidney stones, so that you can relax on your time away. Medical screening for your kidney stones is all carried out online, so you can get travel insurance with cover for kidney stones within a few minutes.
A kidney stone, (also referred to as a renal calculus), is a solid concretion or crystal aggregation formed in the kidneys from dietary minerals in the urine.Kidney stones (or calculi) are hard stones that will form in one or both of your kidneys. They can cause severe pain, known as renal colic. Kidney stones are common – five to 10 in 100 people are influenced by pain associated with kidney stones at some point in their life. Most people who get kidney stones for the first time are aged between 20 and 50.Kidney stones typically leave your body by passage within the urine stream, and several stones are formed and passed without causing symptoms. If stones grow to sufficient size (usually at least 3 millimeters (.12 in)) they could cause obstruction from the ureter. Ureteral obstruction causes postrenal azotemia and hydronephrosis (distension and dilation from the renal pelvis and calyces), as well as spasm of the ureter. This can lead to pain, most commonly felt in the flank (the region between the ribs and hip), lower abdomen, and groin (an ailment called renal colic). Renal colic could be associated with nausea, vomiting, fever, blood within the urine, pus within the urine, and painful urination. Renal colic typically comes in waves lasting 20 to 60 minutes, beginning in the flank or spine and often radiating towards the groin or genitals. The diagnosis of kidney stones is made based on information obtained from the historical past, physical examination, urinalysis, and radiographic studies. Ultrasound examination and blood tests could also aid in the diagnosis.
Guide for Travel Insurance Plans
- It is essential that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy. Inform the policy provider which you suffer from Kidney Stones so you are covered if you require treatment while away.
- Make enquiries as to where one can receive medical assistance at your destination in the event of emergency. If you have been prescribed medication remember to take enough to cover the entirety of the trip.
- Remember to take plenty painkillers with you whilst keeping them in your hand luggage while you are flying in case you require them. It is important to stay hydrated all the time and to avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks.
- Request a prescription for pain medication (preferably one you’ve used successfully before), even if you are not currently having pain.
- Fill the prescription and carry the medication with you. It is best to have an unused prescription than to experience kidney colic. Most urologists will honor this request, as long as you have not had difficulty discontinuing pain medication previously.
- Consider having a plain abdominal x-ray taken to see if you will find any stones that could need treatment before your trip.
- Drink a lot of water and/or other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages during your travels. Dehydration is common during traveling and is probably the most important factor predisposing you to definitely stone formation. These suggestions is particularly important in case you are visiting the tropics.